The Auxiliary of Lenox Hill Hospital is composed of volunteers from a wide variety of backgrounds, who believe in and are committed to the work of the Hospital. Our mission is to render service to Lenox Hill Hospital and its patients, and to assist the Hospital in promoting the health and welfare of the community. Learn more here about the Auxiliary and its work, or call (212) 434-2410.
The Auxiliary of Lenox Hill Hospital has a long and distinguished history of service. Since its beginnings in 1949, the Auxiliary has raised millions of dollars, which have been invested in departments throughout the Hospital, for the benefit of patients, staff and the community. In addition, Auxiliary members support Lenox Hill Hospital with numerous volunteer hours in virtually all areas of the Hospital.
What We Do
- Attend monthly meetings featuring presentations from Hospital leadership and speakers from virtually all departments of the Hospital, with updates on medical advances and accomplishments as well as new and ongoing hospital and community outreach programs
- Sponsor Health Education Programs
- Support Nursing and Social Work Activities, including funding Summer Interns
- Decorate the Hospital’s walls and patient rooms with colorful framed artwork
- Honor exceptional Hospital Employees
- Attend a Spring Outing and Luncheon
- Appropriate funds for important Hospital projects
The following list of committees are administered by the Auxiliary:
- Art Committee – provides and hangs framed artwork in patient and public areas Employee Recognition Program
- Healthy Give & Take Benefit Luncheon – Highlighting current social topics, includes an expert panel and Q&A
- Nursing and Social Work Activities
- Outing – organizing several social and cultural outings annually.
- Patient Library
- Patient Rounding – Trained auxilians participate in specialized patient care
- Pediatrics Read-To-Me
- Summer High School Internship Program
Becoming a member
We welcome interest from the community in the Auxiliary. Our Nominating Committee meets with prospective members to learn about their interests, and to provide further information about the Auxiliary.
Active Auxiliary members
- Attend 70% of monthly meetings, normally held the second Tuesday of each month
- Pay dues of $100.00 annually
- Participate in at least one Auxiliary program or Committee
- Support Auxiliary fund-raising projects