Delivering at Lenox Hill Hospital
Lenox Hill Hospital is renowned for its exceptional obstetrical service with approximately 4000 deliveries per year in the Florence Selwyn Klopfer Family-Centered Maternity Care Unit which consists of 11 modern LDR's (labor, delivery, and recovery rooms), a postpartum floor with a modified rooming-in system, well baby nurseries, and a Level III Neonatal Critical Care Unit which together make the Center for Maternal-Fetal Medicine a Center of Excellence for the hospital.
The Center for Maternal-Fetal Medicine is one of the most comprehensive of its kind in New York City. Mothers and their newborns receive special care from our board certified and internationally known Perinatologists. Services for prospective parents include:
- High risk consultations
- Chorionic villi sampling
- Nuchal translucency
- Sonographic evaluation, Doppler studies and non-stress tests
- Genetic counseling and chromosomal blood tests
- Co-management of gestational diabetes and other high risk conditions
- 3-D and 4-D images available CD to share with friends and family
- Lactation support services
Other features that make Lenox Hill Hospital a top choice for expecting mothers:
- Newborn security system for you peace of mind
- Baby care and discharge classes offered 7 days a week
- Private birthing rooms
- 1 to 1 nurse patient ratio during active labor
- Rooming in options
- Emotional support services
- Preferred dining menu
- Birth registrar services available on site
- Bella Baby photography services
Take a Tour
Our maternity department holds free orientations and tours for prospective patients.
Registration is required for these tours. Since group size is limited, we recommend that interested parties call 212-434-3075 to register for a tour at least six weeks prior to their anticipated due date.
For those who previously registered online, these registrations will be honored. For new registrations or for more information, please call 212-434-3075.
Supplying us with information at least six weeks in advance of your due date will help us provide you with the most convenient experience possible.
Or download the Pre-Registration Form (PDF)and fax it to 212.434.3424.
We have certified lactation consultants on staff as well as a special telephone line for support once you and your baby are home.Lactation services >>